Not having enough time, working too much, facing multiple distractions, over delivering, managing client expectations.. are these familiar to you? Those are just some of the symptoms of lack of boundaries. If setting proper boundaries is a challenge you face, this episode of the Scale to Seven podcast is for you.
First, let’s look at a typical work day for a business owner struggling with boundaries:
- Wakes up and immediately checks and responds to email/messages
- Dives into urgent tasks and ignores top priorities
- Hops into a meeting that took longer than it’s supposed to be
- Says yes to a client’s request that is out of scope, and even volunteers to do more
- Accepts a client’s request for an impromptu meeting
- Immediately responding to notifications from team members, clients and potential clients
Before you know it, it’s 5PM and you haven’t even touched your so-called “priorities”. So you either push them to tomorrow or sacrifice personal time to get them done.
Is this you??'Boundaries are not about changing someone else's behavior. They're about communicating your request, and what you will do in response.' - Kathryn Binkley #scaletosevenClick To Tweet
There are two things that I want you to keep in mind about boundaries:
1. Boundaries are for you. It’s about what you will do, not trying to change others.
2. You have to be willing to follow through. You have to stick to your set boundaries.
I encourage you to take some time to audit your day through the lens of healthy boundaries. Look at how you can better communicate and follow through on the boundaries you have set in both business and life. See you next week!
- See all that Kathryn has to offer at kathrynbinkley.com
- Join the Future 7-Figures CEOs Facebook Group and continue the conversation!
- Connect more with Kathryn on Facebook and Instagram!
- Register for the FREE masterclass: 7-Figure System™
Listen + Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher!
We’d greatly appreciate a podcast rating and review so we can reach more entrepreneurs like you!
- Search for the podcast in your podcast app (Scale to Seven™)
- Scroll down and click 5 stars
- Tap “Write a Review” & enter a brief review
- Press send