Boundaries in Business: Why You Need Them to Scale to 7 Figures
Boundaries in business are always important. But for the 6 figure entrepreneur aiming to scale to 7 figures (without burnout and overwhelm!), boundaries are non-negotiable. One of the trickiest aspects of boundaries: Is sometimes we don’t even realize new boundaries are needed.
Indicators That You Need to Reevaluate Your Boundaries
Not having enough time, working too much, facing multiple distractions, over-delivering, managing client expectations.. are these familiar to you? Those are just some of the symptoms of lack of boundaries. If setting proper boundaries is a challenge you face, this episode of the Scale to Seven® podcast is for you.
First, let’s look at a typical work day for a business owner struggling with boundaries:
- Wakes up and immediately checks and responds to email/messages
- Dives into urgent tasks and ignores top priorities
- Hops into a meeting that took longer than it’s supposed to be
- Says yes to a client’s request that is out of scope, and even volunteers to do more
- Accepts a client’s request for an impromptu meeting
- Immediately responding to notifications from team members, clients and potential clients
Before you know it, it’s 5PM and you haven’t even touched your so-called “priorities”. So you either push them to tomorrow or sacrifice personal time to get them done.
Is this you??'Boundaries are not about changing someone else's behavior. They're about communicating your request, and what you will do in response.' - Kathryn Binkley #scaletosevenClick To Tweet
2 Things to Keep In Mind When It Comes to Boundaries
1. Boundaries are for you. It’s about what you will do, not trying to change others.
2. You have to be willing to follow through. You have to stick to your set boundaries.
In this episode, I share techniques to setting boundaries in business that I’ve generated after helping multiple CEOs scale their business to 7 figures and beyond.
I encourage you to grab a notebook (or make a voice note in your iPhone) to jot down which ones you’ll implement so you can spend more time working on the priorities that matter – NOT giving away your time and energy where it’s not needed.
See you next week!
- Glean from our library of CEO resources at kathrynbinkley.com
- Connect more with Kathryn on Instagram!
Listen + Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher!
We’d greatly appreciate a podcast rating and review so we can reach more entrepreneurs like you!
- Search for the podcast in your podcast app (Scale to Seven®)
- Scroll down and click 5 stars
- Tap “Write a Review” & enter a brief review
- Press send