In business, “scaling” is a word that’s thrown around a lot! But did you know that this word has two very different meanings?
The first definition of scaling is “to climb up and over to reach a certain height”. This is like when you do something for the first time, or you figure out what works in order to reach your first 6-figures. You’re literally climbing one step at a time- testing different grips and footholds, and trying not to look back or look down. Your journey to 6-figures involves trying different strategies, offers, niches, messaging and more to see what works.
This is the DIY phase of scaling. You may not realize that you’re adding too much to your plate and it’s weighing you down. In this phase you are likely hustling to make progress.
The second definition of scaling is “to increase in proportional dimension” or doing more of what already works and creating repeatable results. This phase is what will get you to 7-figures.
Scaling to 7-figures is what I help my clients with, using the STAR Method:
1. Systems – Creating and documenting systems that work and can be repeated over and over.
2. Team – Entrusting others to run various aspects of your business.
3. Automation – Getting the right tools in place that save you and your team time.
4. Recurring Revenue – Building the safety net of ongoing revenue that you can rely on.
It’s important to know what stage you are in because, using scaling strategies that don’t match where you are will keep you stuck. Think of the first phase as “addition” while the second phase as “multiplication”. Remember that during the first phase, you’re still trying to figure out what works. If you use the second phase strategies here, it’s like multiplying by zero, hence, you’ll get zero results! One of the common mistakes of entrepreneurs is implementing advanced strategies too soon in their business.
Once you’re ready to implement the second phase, you can start multiplying but not by using the first phase strategies. It’ll be like constantly adding zeros and hoping to see growth in your business. If you continue to hustle, you’re going to burnout because it’s not getting you where you want to go.'You need to know where you are in your business, and make sure that you're implementing the strategies that match the stage of scaling that you're in.' - Kathryn Binkley #scaletosevenClick To Tweet
If you are a 6-figure business owner and you’re ready to shift to Phase 2 and experience exponential growth, sign up to my FREE workshop where I teach 6 Steps to Get to 7-Figures and break down the 7 Elements of My 7-Figure System here. See you there!
- See all that Kathryn has to offer at kathrynbinkley.com
- Join the Future 7-Figures CEOs Facebook Group and continue the conversation!
- Connect more with Kathryn on Facebook and Instagram!
- Register for the FREE masterclass: 7-Figure System™
Listen + Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher!
We’d greatly appreciate a podcast rating and review so we can reach more entrepreneurs like you!
- Search for the podcast in your podcast app (Scale to Seven™)
- Scroll down and click 5 stars
- Tap “Write a Review” & enter a brief review
- Press send