A lot of people talk about building a brand, but unless you want to waste a ton of time and money, you need to also make sure you’re protecting your brand.
- Trademarks are complicated aspect of the law which has a lot of gray area, and many business owners tend to overlook it because of the misunderstanding of what trademarks are.
- Joey is passionate about helping online business owners get peace of mind by proactively spreading the message about how trademarks work.
- Passionate online business owners spend a lot of time and thought into creating a brand which is deeply rooted from their vision. Joey and I talk about why investing in protecting your brand at the start of your business is vital in its success.
- Joey explains that one of the biggest misconceptions about trademarks is that it’s something you have to decide “to do or not to do”. Once you start to use your brand, you are either claiming trademark rights that are limited or infringing somebody else’s rights without really knowing it.
- I personally share how I faced a legal issue on trademarks, and how Joey has helped me with it.
- Don’t know where to start? Joey shares the steps you need to take in order to protect your brand.
- Discover how social media scammers may attack you and your brand! Joey talks about the compelling details in this episode.
About The Guest:
Joey Vitale is an attorney and customer experience strategist for online solopreneurs. With his law firm, Indie Law, Joey keeps your business protected so you won’t get your entire brand taken away from you. In addition to his law firm, Joey can also keep your business safe and thriving through his online courses and private Facebook group. Joey has spoken in front of thousands of entrepreneurs all over the country to share his expertise and insights on how to build a business that puts you first.
Where to Find Joey Online
- See all that Kathryn has to offer at kathrynbinkley.com
- Join the Future 7-Figures CEOs Facebook Group and continue the conversation!
- Connect more with Kathryn on Facebook and Instagram
Listen + Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher!
We’d greatly appreciate a podcast rating and review so that we can reach more entrepreneurs like you!
- Search for the podcast in your podcast app (Scale to Seven™)
- Scroll down and click 5 stars
- Tap “Write a Review” & enter a brief review
- Press send