He told me the words I wanted to hear. He told me to go after my dreams but I didn’t feel his support for such a long time. In fact, I could see right through his words. His support didn’t feel authentic until… it finally did. And until then, I struggled like never before. So, how did I make it through? There are nine specific steps that I took in my journey that I’d love to share with you.
- I stopped sharing my fears and doubts with my husband.
- I realized they were only feeding his own fears and doubts. I needed to project confidence! I wanted so badly to share those things with him, but I couldn’t in that season. Not if I wanted to actually create the success that I had in mind.
- I hired a coach.
- I hired someone else to speak with and go to when I needed help dealing with all of the things that were coming up in my business. Someone who knew how to work through the fears, doubts, and challenges. I could work through everything with her, without worrying my husband.
- I had to stop telling him what I was going to do and start showing him!
- You have to “make more moves and less announcements” and that is exactly what did. I had to make it happen instead of telling him what I was going to make happen.
- I recognized that his comments were a reflection of his own mindset.
- When they got to me before it was because there was a part of me that had the same mindset! Those same fears and doubts were in me, but once I took care of my own mindset, I was able to realize that he was just dealing with his mindset hurdles.
- It was a choice to allow his negativity to impact me.
- The negativity certainly did not go away but I let it stop impacting me. I chose to ignore it and not to focus on it.
- I shifted my focus from him to my goals.
- I went all in working towards my goals. No matter what he said and how hurtful the comments were, I just kept going.
- Celebrate the wins!
- I shared every good thing that was happening in my business, so that he could start to see that things really were happening.
- I shared more once he opened the conversation.
- Once he noticed how I had changed, he started to ask questions. Then, and only then did I share more about all of the mindset work that I had done. In those moments, he started to understand more just how much things were really shifting and what was really possible!
- I proved him wrong.
- Now to be clear, proving him wrong was not my motivation. I just focused on my goal and did what I needed to do. Eventually It happen and I actually did what I said I was going to do, and all of his doubts disappear because it had happened!
I know that you can reach your goals. Don’t lose hope! You’ve got this!'Make more moves and less announcements' - Kathryn Binkley #scaletosevenClick To Tweet
Listen + Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher!
We’d greatly appreciate a podcast rating and review so that we can reach more entrepreneurs like you!
- Search for the podcast in your podcast app (Scale to Seven®)
- Scroll down and click 5 stars
- Tap “Write a Review” & enter a brief review
- Press send